Saturday, July 26, 2008

home sweet home

Saturday, July 26

After many hours spent in the airports, on the planes, and on the bus, we have finally made it back to Effingham and Marshall. I can't even describe how happy I was to see my own school. :) As Fr. Daren said, we were delayed for a couple hours going back into Honolulu. This made our plans of going to the beach go down the toilet. We were going to have an 8 hour layover, just enough time to make it to the beach for a break and back. Whenever we were delayed 3 hours, we just couldn't do it all. We had to settle with hanging out with each other in the Honolulu Airport.

The flight back to Chicago was a rough one. I had a lot of trouble sleeping. This airplane did not have as much room to move around. I don't even know how the boys with long legs did it! American Airlines is not much a luxury flight. Well for those not riding in first class. They didn't even give us any free food. Believe me, by the end of our 8 hour flight, some of us were very hungry! But we made it.

A Bales Bus gratefully picked us up at the airport to bring us back to Effingham. We made surprisingly good time, and arrived back around 10:15. Our parents were all there to greet us and help us get out bags off the bus. I was very happy to see everyone!

I know everyone enjoyed the pilgrimage. It could not have happened without the support of our family, friends, Church, and community. So thank you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it.

Unknown said...

welcome home everyone. we missed you all and glad that you are home safe.