Sunday, July 20, 2008

Monday, July 21st

Monday, July 21st

It's only 12:00 pm here, so this isn't the whole day's recap. But this morning, half of the group left for Melbourne. (Everyone from St. Mary's and Taylor Worman.) The rest of us (everyone from St. Anthony) stayed in Sydney. We have found places to stay at and are going to finish out "site-seeing" here. We have realized there is so much that we have not seen yet... Including... Bondi Beach... Sydney Tower... Wild Life... And other small places for shopping

Right now we have checked out of our hotel and are in the mall across the street. We can't check into our other hotel until 2:00, so we are going to relax here for a while. We are only staying at our new hotel for 1 day, and then returning to our old one for the remainder of the trip. They were kind enough to let us keep all of our luggage at the hotel, so we did not have to lug it around the city. :)

Today, I asked the concierge, James (he's been really nice to us since we arrived) about tickets for the Opera House. My Fair Lady is playing Thursday night, and I would really like to see it. Because I'm 16 or under, I get my ticket for $45. What a deal? So Barb and I and whoever else wants to come along, will probably go to that Thursday night.

We don't have anything else planned for the rest of the day. I would like to go back to Patty's Market to finish my shopping. But the boys don't want to go for fear of spending more money! Some have spent quite a lot there! It really is a neat place. I wish we had something like that in our area. But Wal-Mart will do for now! :) Also, the merchendise (spelling) place for World Youth Day is in the area. I'm hoping that everything is going to be cheaper now that it is officially over. :(

Tomorrow, we plan on going to Bondi Beach. For those who don't know, Bondi Beach is one of the most famous beaches in the world. I'm glad we're going to be able to see that. We're going to walk along it, because it will be much too cold to swim. But I hear is it beautiful. Brett wants to go to Manly Beach also. He asked a local, and they said we should catch a ferry and see that while we're here. It should be lots of fun.

Well, that's all for now! I'm sorry I don't know what the other group in Melbourne is doing now. But I'm sure they're still driving. It is a 12 hour drive there. It's also supposed to be colder (since it is South). I hope they enjoy it as much as we are enjoying Sydney!

That's all for now!

No comments: