Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thursday, July 24th

July 24th

This morning we had mass at 8:30. I had a hard time getting up. I think I'm finally getting worn down. After mass, most of us went to Paddy's Market. Taylor O. and Jordan got a suitcase that they are going to put all of their extra stuff in. They bought so much they couldn't fit it all in their original bag. :) I guess that should be a good thing for you back home. Everyone finished up their shopping here. I just found out that they also have a food market in here. I bought some apples here, and they were very good.

We did not have anything planned today, so we all did our own thing. Taylor and I walked to the Art Museum of New South Wales. We were not entirely impressed with it. I guess we shouldn't have expected anything special since it was free. Barb also went and thought a little higher of it than we did.

The boys headed by Brett took a couple of buses around the city. They just wanted to see something that isn't in walking distant. They thought it was very interesting.

Everyone has been getting cranky from lack of sleep. I think the majority of us got in a good nap this afternoon. I slept for a good 2 hours. Taylor didn't get any sleep though. She was took busy feeding the birds in the Food Court. Jordan and her bought a small fries from McDonald's and fed the stray birds that are always in the Food Court.

Today was a very rainy day. Most of us had an umbrella or poncho to keep from getting too wet. I was personally more worried about my purse getting wet than anything else. Fr. Daren was very smart and told me to put it under my coat. He really is a lot smarter than he appears!

At 7:30 we all met in the lobby to go out to dinner. Fr. Daren and Barb had previously gone to St. Patrick's Tavern. They really liked it, so we all went there tonight. On the way there, it rained. We tried our best to stay under awnings, but we still arrived wet. I personally had trouble walking. The sidewalks were very slickery and my flipflops were not cooperating with me. According to Fr. Daren I let out a couple of "squeals" whenever I almost fell over. It was an interesting walk there.

Once we got there, we waited awhile for our food. The boys were very impatient. I had fettucini; some of the boys had ribs; and John had lamb. It looked very good, but I don't think I could've eaten it. One thing that's different here is the water. They serve you large glass bottles to serve yourself with. We found out that they charge you for these. The boys were not very excited to hear this, but eventually got over it. I think most of them forgot to take their happy pill this morning. :)

After dinner, the boys went their separate way. Barb, Fr. Daren, Taylor, and I walked back to the mall. We used the Internet and Fr. Daren and I are doing the blogs now.

Tomorrow is our last day in Sydney. I'm not sure if I will be able to do another blog, but for all those parents that are picking up their kids... We should arrive home on Saturday around 1 or 2. We will probably call home when we are almost there.

Thanks for all of your prayers and support. We will see you soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you haven't gone crazy. Have a good last day and trip home.

Myra said...

Wow, Taylor, you needed another suitcase!! Paige is excited to see what you got her!! See you soon!!!
Love Mom