Friday, July 11, 2008

July 11

As I mentioned last time, today was a day of relaxation. Most of us slept in and had breakfast on our own. I just ate what was leftover from the day before. The boys went to the mall to look around, while others just walked around looking for good deals. I went around the place looking for an Australia jacket. After much walking in and out of stores, I found a bright yellow and green zip up jacket. Since Sydney is going to be cold, this will be perfect. And then for lunch, I found a place in a market with Vietnamese Spring Rolls. I thought they tasted just like egg rolls, only better!

At 2:00 we all met together and went to the Cathedral of St. Monica's. We had mass there (quite different than Fr. Daren's small room). They have beautiful stained glass windows depicting the creation. It was beautiful! We also discussed Acts 8:1 or 1:8... I'm not quite sure. But I do know it was about being a witness for God. You should read it.

After this we all went around looking for food. Most of us stopped at a pizza place. Taylor and I watched them roll and twirl the dough around. I wish I could do it! Everyone else went to the supermarket and bought stuff to eat at Gilligan's (the place we're staying).

Now we're all packing up and getting ready for our bus at 3:55. It will be an early morning. Hopefully we all get a good sleep.

More to come when we're in Sydney!

No comments: